Mother’s Day gift ideas for the mom who loves to cook
The best Mother’s Day gift is something that’s thoughtful, heartfelt and chosen with the recipient in mind. It’s a holiday that many of us put a lot of effort into each year—but sometimes, it’s hard to decide on a present—particularly if you want to veer away from tradition and give Mom something that’s fun and unexpected.
Mom might appreciate flowers on Mother’s Day, but if she loves food, we bet she’d like a steak even more. If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your mom, wife, grandma or another special mother in your life, here are a few ideas from Olliffe. You can shop in store or visit Olliffe.ca to place an order—we’re pleased to offer home delivery to local customers.
Easy, thoughtful gifts for mom
We shared some Mother’s Day brunch and dinner ideas on our website last week, but if you’re looking for a unique gift for the special mom in your life, here are some suggestions.
- A curated assortment of delicious local condiments, spice blends and snacks to help stock her kitchen with delicious treats (our team can help you pick up the perfect items in store).
- A selection of her favourite steaks so she can treat herself any time she craves one (we suggest grabbing a few Dry Age Ontario Prime Rib Eye, and other favourites).
- A cooler you’ve filled with delicious local products plus some upgraded grilling accessories (a nice kit with well-made tongs, a spatula, a meat thermometer and other BBQ must-haves, for example).
- A selection of prepared meals with a card that says, “Dinner’s on us!” (this is a particularly good gift for seniors as it provides easy, delicious, nutritious meals they’ll love).
- An Olliffe gift card so she can shop for her favourite local products in store. This is a gift any foodie would love! You can purchase a gift card at the butcher shop—simply ask one of our staff to assist you.
If you have any questions, please contact us—we’re always glad to hear from you! Thanks for reading and supporting local food producers. We hope you find the perfect gift for Mother’s Day—remember, it’s coming up on Sunday, May 14th!